Wednesday 22 April 2015

Evaluation Question 2 - How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary text?

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary text?


I think I have combined my main products, my magazine advertisement and my digipak very well. I have combined these by using colour schemes, I was originally intending to use a blue background on my video for the elements I filmed on a green screen, however I chose to use a red and black background as this made the transition between all my texts much more seamless. 

I used the colour scheme of Red, Black and White in my advanced portfolio to make sure that there is continuity throughout my video, and ancillary texts. The digipak is also combined very well with my video as I took images for my digipak just before I filmed. These images show an effective combination as they are very similar to my video. 

I also used the same font styles throughout my video. Big and Bold was something which I thought was relevant to the genre so I made sure the text in my video linked to this as my digipak also used big and bold text. This then created a brand, which means they will be able to relate different texts back to the same goal, promoting the artist and the new release. 

The genre was represented in the movement and body language of my artists in my video, and their pose in my digipak. They are using symbolic hand gestures and are actually looking into the camera showing that they are acknowledging that the camera is there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment